New Thank You Cards!

I wanted to share two Thank You cards I created using a little inspiration for the background of my cards from the Stampin Up Share the Fun 6.2.15-.5.31.16 catalog. 
Origionally, when I first started cardmaking I was so upset at the video I used to watch because of the measurements and how to's. But, once I learned the standard size card measurement I learned I could play around with any sizes I wanted and even to go beyond the standard size and just make my own envelope. 

What's my point? My point is that I don't share my dimensions used because it is all up to what you feel like doing and your way of crafting that you define sizes for you cards. This same card can be made in so many ways disregarding the measurements that were shared. I encourage you to think outside of the box!



For this particular card I used Stampin Ups classic ink pads in:
So saffron, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz & Pool party
I also used the "Choose Happiness" & "Beautiful Bunch" stamp sets for this card along with seperate "Thank You" stamps and coordinating dies from Sizzix for the sentiment.
I started off by cutting a base for my card and stamping a border at the bottom, I then make my background piece and adhered a foam sheet to the back of it to add dimension to that layer of the card. I created a banner and also added some dimension with foam dots and again with the sentiment,.

Joy fold card
This card is my favorite card and ever and was so much fun to do. I am subscribed to Linda Bauwin's YouTube channel and there she shows us how to create a "Joy fold card". So I decided to use that template and create my own version of it. I used patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Necessities 6x6 paper pad. I also used the sane stamp sets mentioned above. 



The flower is used as a closure for the front of the card and I used one foam dot to hold in place. I stamped the "Choose Happiness" bird as a background with Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wasabi, Blushed Bride, & Marina Mist.


This is how the inside of the card looks once opened and of course it is blank so that you are able to write a message for the recipient. I just love this card and it was just so fun and interesting to make. I'm so happy there are such creative people in the world to share their lovely video tutorials!

Any questions please feel to comment below!



Unknown

My name is Jasmine,and I am a Mom who loves all things crafty! My son who helps me get motivated! I started with a love for scrap booking and that turned into loving all things paper craft. After finding all the awesome things I could do, I decided to make this blog and share it with everyone! I truly enjoy card making, watercolor, acrylic painting, mixed media journaling, and even building my own shelving and desks for my crafty needs. I've gone mad for crafts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment