Baby Bumblebee Congrats Card

Hello my fellow readers! Today I am featuring this cute Baby Bumblebee stamp from Stampin Up.


I thought it would be interesting to start off by stamping my bumblebee on the base of my card with Memento tuxedo black ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder (I embossed for the shine and also to hold in some of the water color from spreading). I then took my distress inks and went for imperfect and messy as I splashed water and ink around my focal image. So easy and so fun! I also did some blending of the inks on the yellow parts of the bee with my distress inks with Vintage Photo and Scattered Straw. I colored the face in with a watered down brush mixed with Spun Sugar distress ink and used less water to add color to the cheeks.

I thought it would be fun to add other elements to card by used my Stitched Paper Smooches Dies. The stitched die I used here actually cuts out a chunky zig zag piece out of the paper and that is not what I wanted so I glued it back after die cutting them out to get the stitched look that I wanted and added some random sequins. 

I stamped congratulations with white Staz On ink onto acetate and cut out some yellow wood patterned paper from my August Simon Says Stamp card kit. I also ran those through my die cutting machine with my Stitched dies and then added those to my acetate sheet. I then put that part of the card on some foam dots and added it to the base of the card.

Anyone else have the Baby Bumblebee stamp from Stampin Up? I'd like to see how else it has been used. 

Unknown

My name is Jasmine,and I am a Mom who loves all things crafty! My son who helps me get motivated! I started with a love for scrap booking and that turned into loving all things paper craft. After finding all the awesome things I could do, I decided to make this blog and share it with everyone! I truly enjoy card making, watercolor, acrylic painting, mixed media journaling, and even building my own shelving and desks for my crafty needs. I've gone mad for crafts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment