My card from scraps!


Hello my fellow readers!

The best part of making your own cards is the part where you don't have to buy such a formal looking card or settle for typical color schemes to fit the occasion. Which is how I came up with this card, especially because I was determined to use my scraps from my August Simon Says Stamp card kit.



Well mission accomplished because these colors are bold and not as wedding like if you ask me, but I love it anyway! It was really simple to make this shaker card because I used a basic oval shape from one of Spellbinders die sets. 

I started off my stamping the Mr. & Mrs. and flowers on the base of my card with clear VersaMark ink. I used the "For The New Two" stamp set from Stampin Up. I then embossed the images using Glacier embossing powder from Recollections. I colored the flowers in by using my ink pads and a very fine paint brush to add some color to the flowers.

I topped the card with the textured orange paper from the card kit and the acetate for the shaker card and  added some sequins from my August Simon Says Stamp card kit and some black glitter to give it a bolder look and that makes the card!

How many of you have this card kit? Isn't it so much fun???

Unknown

My name is Jasmine,and I am a Mom who loves all things crafty! My son who helps me get motivated! I started with a love for scrap booking and that turned into loving all things paper craft. After finding all the awesome things I could do, I decided to make this blog and share it with everyone! I truly enjoy card making, watercolor, acrylic painting, mixed media journaling, and even building my own shelving and desks for my crafty needs. I've gone mad for crafts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment